The Patient Advice and Complaints Team (PACT) is there to support patients, relatives, carers and visitors who:
- Have a concern
- Want to make an official complaint
- Would like to share a compliment.
How to contact PACT
PACT is available from 10am-4pm, Monday-Friday. Outside of these times, you can leave a voicemail message or send an email, the team will reply within 48 hours.
Tel: 0151 706 2380
You can also complete our online feedback form to share your thoughts on our services. This could be to compliment a team or colleague for the care they delivered, or complain, if you were unhappy with treatment you or a loved one received.
You can visit PACT at any of our hospitals during the following times:
*Broadgreen operates a drop-in clinic
- Aintree University Hospital, 9am-4pm, Monday-Friday. Located in the Tower Block, ground floor, PACT office.
- The Royal Liverpool University Hospital, 9am-4pm, Monday-Friday. Located in the Prescot Street entrance, ground floor, PACT office.
- Broadgreen Hospital, 10am-2pm, Monday-Friday. Located in the main entrance of the hospital, behind Security office.
You do not need to make an appointment, but we may ask you to return at a later pre-arranged time if our colleagues are supporting other visitors at the time you arrive.
- Contact information – name and your preferred contact details.
- If you are acting on behalf of another person, please provide their name, address and date of birth as we may need their consent to liaise with you directly – a member of the team will discuss this with you.
- The name of the hospital your enquiry relates to.
If you have a concern, we recommend you raise it locally with the ward manager/nurse in charge, or department. This will often result in a timely and satisfactory resolution.
Please be assured, if should you raise a concern, it will not affect care or treatment in any way.
If this approach does not resolve your concern, then please contact PACT.
Matron's Help Phone: helping empower loved ones and patients
If your concern is regarding an urgent patient safety issue on a ward, we ask that you call the Matron Help Phone on:
Aintree University Hospital: 0151 706 9999
Broadgreen Hospital: 0151 282 6747
Royal Liverpool University Hospital: 0151 706 3377
The Matron Help Phone is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for patients and families to raise immediate concerns about care on a ward.
N-Compass - Liverpool Advocacy Hub
If you require additional help or support in raising a concern, please contact the N-Compass Liverpool Advocacy Hub.
The Hub is an independent and confidential single point of contact for Independent Statutory and non-Statutory Issue Based Advocacy. The Hub provides immediate information and support to guide you to the appropriate service.
When you contact the Hub, you will be greeted by a trained and experienced advocate who will support your query.
For details of how to access the service, please visit the N-Compass website.
At LUHFT we recognise that, despite all our best efforts, things don’t always go as expected. We want to support patients, relatives, carers, visitors and colleagues to put things right or, if that is not possible, to learn from the complaint and use this to improve our services.
- A PACT colleague will be appointed to your case and contact you to explain this process and what to expect.
- You will receive a written acknowledgement outlining how we will handle your complaint and the agreed timeframe for us to do this. The acknowledgement letter will include contact information for the appointed complaints coordinator and, if patient consent is needed, the appropriate documents will be included.
Have you recently made a complaint? If so, we invite you to complete the Complaints Service Survey, to share with us your experience of raising concerns about a service at Liverpool University Hospitals NHS foundation Trust. We appreciate all feedback offered in this survey as the results will enable us to inform improvements in how we respond to future complaints.