Developments at Aintree University Hospital
As part of the ongoing investment across our sites, Aintree will receive a £52 million that will be used to improve access to services and patient experience.
The investment will cover:
- A new state of the art main entrance delivering safer drop off facilities (completed July 2021)
- A refurbished tower block offering improved insulation and ventilation for patients and staff on ward environments
- A two-storey extension to the Emergency Department, increasing capacity for ambulance drop-off bays, and a larger waiting and assessment area for patients to be treated more efficiently
- A new Critical Care and RAAC roof providing space for additional beds and links to the Ventilation Inpatient Centre
- And an education, training and wellness project.
£15 million NHS investment work on Aintree University Hospital main entrance completed
The first phase of £15m work to rejuvenate Aintree University Hospital, creating a new main entrance and upgrading the Tower Block is was completed and officially opened in July 2021. Read more
£16m improvements unveiled for Aintree University Hospital’s Emergency Department
Work has started on a £16 million improvement project at Aintree University Hospital which has been designed to reduce waiting times in the Emergency Department and deliver better care for patients. Read more