Online video consultations – in partnership with Attend Anywhere
A video consultation is where you speak to a doctor or health professional using a video camera on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. LUHFT offer video calls for outpatient appointments, including therapy services.
Patient who are clinically suitable will be sent a text message with a secure link to their appointment.
This can save you time and money as you will not need to travel to the hospital for a face-to-face appointment. It also helps reduce the spread of infections and reduces carbon emissions.
If you do not want to have a video consultation your doctor or health professional will telephone you instead.
Accessing a video consultation
You will receive a letter, and a text message if we have your mobile number, with the details of your appointment, including the date and time and the URL (Web address) to your virtual waiting room.
Video calls can be accessed on a PC, Mac or and iOS/Android device, using Google Chrome, Firefox or Apple Safari browsers.
Please note - video calls will not work on Internet Explorer.
Please make sure you are sitting in a private well-lit area where you will not be disturbed. A stable surface for your device is advisable, this will ensure your camera is steady. If applicable, please make sure your device is fully charged.
You are welcome to invite a family member, parent, friend and/or carer to sit with you throughout the video consultation.
The virtual waiting room is private, and you will not see other patients.
You can test your device to ensure you are using the right browser, your microphone and camera are set up correctly and you have a strong internet connection. This can be done before your appointment by using video call set up on the Attend Anywhere website.
10 minutes before your appointment time, click on the link provided in your text message or type the link provided in your letter into your web browser.
- You will be taken through a series of steps to ensure the connection is ready
- Your will be prompted to enter your name, date of birth and telephone number
- This information will not be stored beyond the length of the video consultation
- Once you click the start button you will enter the virtual waiting room and the doctor or health professional will know you are there. As with face-to-face appointments the clinic can run late so, please be patient.
- When the consultation is ready to begin, your image will shrink and move to the corner of the screen and your will see your doctor or health professional
- Your doctor or health professional will ask you of your consent to the video call and at any time you can withdraw consent
- The doctor or health professional may be accompanied by another person who may be in training – you will be informed about this at the beginning of the consultation.
- When you have finished, end the call
- Please help us to improve services by making time to leave feedback at the end of the consultation.
Further support and information
A video call uses a similar amount of data to a Skype or FaceTime call (roughly 500 MB for 20 minutes). We recommend that you connect via home or work Wi-Fi to avoid using your mobile data allowance.
If you cannot join the video consultation at this time or you are unable to participate in a video consultation for other reasons, please contact the number on your letter or text message.
- Aintree ARDU waiting room
- Aintree Audiology waiting room
- Aintree Clinical Health Psychology waiting room
- Aintree Dermatology waiting room
- Aintree Early supported Discharge waiting room
- Aintree Endocrinology waiting room
- Aintree Gastroenterology waiting room
- Aintree General Pathology waiting room
- Aintree Hepatobiliary waiting room
- Aintree Long Covid Service waiting room
- Aintree Maxillo Facial Unit waiting room
- Aintree MCAS waiting room
- Aintree Ophthalmology waiting room
- Aintree Nephrology waiting room
- Aintree North West Assisted Technology waiting room
- Aintree Occupational Therapy waiting room
- Aintree Ophthalmology waiting room
- Aintree Palliative Care waiting room
- Aintree Physiotherapy waiting room
- Aintree Rheumatology waiting room
- Aintree Speech and Language Therapy waiting room
- Aintree SWMS waiting room
- Aintree Thoracic waiting room
- Aintree Upper GI waiting room
- Aintree Vascular waiting room.
- Broadgreen CFS and ME Therapy Service waiting room
- Broadgreen Limb Reconstruction Therapy waiting room
- Broadgreen MCAS waiting room
- Broadgreen Physiotherapy waiting room
- Broadgreen Occupational Therapy waiting room
- Broadgreen Orthotics & Podiatry waiting room
- Broadgreen Speech and Language Therapy waiting room.
- Royal Audiology waiting room
- Royal Bowel Cancer Screening waiting room
- Royal Breast Surgery waiting room
- Royal Cardiology waiting room
- Royal Chemical Pathology waiting room
- Royal Clinical Gerontology waiting room
- Royal Clinical Haematology waiting room
- Royal Clinical Pharmacology waiting room
- Royal Clinical Psychology waiting room
- Royal Dental waiting room
- Royal Dermatology waiting room
- Royal Diabetes waiting room
- Royal Endocrinology waiting room
- Royal ENT waiting room
- Royal Gastroenterology waiting room
- Royal Immunology waiting room
- Royal Infectious Diseases waiting room
- Royal LSRP waiting room
- Royal NAC waiting room
- Royal Nephrology waiting room
- Royal Pain Medicine waiting room
- Royal Physiotherapy waiting room
- Royal Respiratory waiting room
- Royal RheuCAS waiting room
- Royal Rheumatology waiting room
- Royal St Pauls Eye Unit waiting room
- Royal Transplant waiting room
- Royal Upper GI waiting room
- Royal Urology waiting room
- Royal Vascular waiting room.